Technology Blog

Kaspersky Is The Most Efficient Antivirus I Have Ever Used

kaspersky anit-virus

Kaspersky is the fastest, lightest and most reliable antivirus application till date.It can detect and delete any malicious program because it scans absolutely everything and its also the Best Anti Virus In The World As Proven By Many Sites.

Here are the few things good things about Kaspersky:

  • Kaspersky is a small program, it uses only 11 MB disk space and requires minimal system resources.
  • Kaspersky provides a comprehensive security tool kit with a nicely organized interface.
  • Kaspersky will even run an optional, post-setup system scan if you want to start with a clean machine.
  • It gives total protection from online viruses and worms, remote attacks, and malware such as spyware.
  • Kaspersky has consistently ranked well among important third-party antivirus testing sites and is considered to be both faster and more reliable, than brand names such as McAfee and Norton & currently it has the best detection record of all antivirus programs.
  • It scans all types of archives files, not only ZIP-files

The only downside of kaspersky is that it is relatively  expensive compared to other security suites and their support & service is not very well since Kaspersky is a Russian company, and requesting live technical support from Moscow will cost you.

Overall it provides solid protection against all type of threats and i have been using it since last year and i havent got any virus or hacker attack in my PC till date.

Earlier i have used combination of ZoneAlarm AVG but my system got attacked many times but now Kaspersky Internet Security works perfect for me.

Friday, July 27, 2007 written by

5 Responses to "Kaspersky Is The Most Efficient Antivirus I Have Ever Used"

Anonymous

August 21, 2007 at 1:37 AM

brother i totally agree tou i my self was using bitdefender earlier it was also very gud but i was using a cracked virsion so my key got blacklisted so then i came to know about kaspersky and ever since i am using it only is the best antivirus...............

Samir

July 7, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Hi,
First and far most, I agree that Kaspersky Internet Security is a one of it's kind software package that provides complete protection for desktop computers. It includes the most important types of protection: firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, and one or two more like parental (web content) control and pop-up window blocker.

Who am I? I am a collage student who is total computer geek. I also like technology in general, not just computers. And I can't help it, it has become part of who I am. It's part of my personality to be curious and being eager to learn. Even as a little kid I loved to play with toys and what's more important I liked to take them apart in order to understand how it works. Being a child of a relatively poor family in the former Yugoslavia, I often had to make my own toys. So this way I had the oppertunity to train both my creative ability and my so to speak "reveresed engineering" skills, usually at the same time. Basically what my eyes saw, my hands made!

My parents were not very restrictive, so I was able to explore my new world by my self, with my own hands and eyes. I am very greatful for that today. No parents should act as some sort of dictator upon their child. The most important thing you can and should teach your child are the right ethics, what is right and what is wrong. That's the most fundamental thing I believe that we carry with us throughout our lives. All the rest should be decisions made mainly by the child itself. Most parents tend to re-live their own lives through the lives of their children, trying to undo the wrongs and re-do the rights they have made in their own lives. They see their children in some sense like re-incarnation of them selfs. Parents should not interfer too much, every child has the right to make their own decisions, to do what they think is fun and what makes them happy, and not what their parents say to them they should do.

Instead, parents should be able to see what their child/children likes and support them in what they do. My parents had good influence on me, and still they gave me my own free space to think the way I prefere and make my own opinions, and do the things I like. That's what brought me into collage studies today. Having in mind my curious personality then it's not odd that computers and technology in general are a great inspiration source for me. The thing about computers is that there are infinitly many possibilities as of what you can do with them and what it can be used for. There are always new things to discover and learn about. Computer security is just one of the rapidly expanding areas in todays' IT-sociaties.

What are my experiences of Kaspersky products? As I said, I think Kaspersky IS is one unique software package. And it is the only product by Kaspersky that I have experience of. It all started with a need to purchase a software based security solution for my old PC. So I will start from there and give som background information. It was an somewhat upgraded Toshiba Equium 3300M with following hardware:

Pentium 3 at 733 MHz
128 MB SD-RAM
32 MB shared Video memory based on S3 Graphics Pro Savage chip
some VIA chipset
15 GB WD hard drive

It was later upgraded to following:

768 MB SD-RAM
40 GB Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 8
40 GB Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 8

The 768 MB of SD-RAM required all 3 DIMM slots (3*256 MB TwinMOS modules) and a somewhat lower frequency (100 MHz instead of original 133 MHz) for stable operation to be obtained. The hard drive was upgraded to two 40 GB Maxtor drives resulting in 80 GB of total storage capacity.

Originally it was running Windows 98 SE as operating system. But by this time (around 2004 I think) it was upgraded to Windows XP, and then to Windows XP SP2 the last time.

I also replaced the original Toshiba chassis with bigger and more modern one (Antec P160).

This Toshiba PC was bought in 1999 or 2000 I think. It replaced an older Fujitsu-Siemens PC whos' motherboard I managed to mess up. The warranty covered that so I got this Toshiba PC in exchange for that one, but as it costed more I had to add some more money to the original price of the old one. At the time it was "state of the art" technology.

I had some really great time working with this PC, and I have learned a lot about computing through it. This Toshiba PC lasted for 7 years in total which is considered to be very long life time for a PC by todays means in the rapidly developing PC industry. In some sense the PC industry is unnecessary rapidly developing. New hardware technologies are released basically every day, even thou many of them are not really needed. Many of them are just replicas of the old ones. Companies produce new hardware and software all the time, just so that idiotic customers can buy it just to keep up the money flow and eventually make the companies richer. Computer companies produce money, rather then new technology. Nothing revolutionary has happened in the PC industry during the last 5 to 10 years.

I personally don't buy new manufacturer-PCs anymore, I just upgrade the old hardware in my old PC. And I don't do that unless there is a really good and big reason to do so. That reason is usually some combination of both hardware compatibility and software compatibility aspect. In order to be able to watch high resolution videos more effortlesly and get better graphics I recently made a big upgrade of the very same Toshiba PC. I went from Pentium 3 to not even a Pentium but a Core 2 Duo Intel processor. I just want to denote that many generations of Intel processors have just passed me by, but I don't mind, since I never really needed them anyway. I mean you can do the same thing with a Pentium 3 as with a Pentium 4, just at a slower speed rate. How well you perform a computation depends largly on the efficient programming of the software you use, rather than on the hardware itself. Another reason for upgrade was software compatibility. New softwares are produced for new operating systems. And new operating systems such as Windows Vista usually function properly on new hardware. Thus, I had to make a big upgrade. All the fundamental hardware (motherboard, processor and memory) had to be replaced with new ones in order to get support for the latest hardware and make a completely new platform to build upon (socket 775, DDR memory and so on).

The following was replaced on the same Toshiba PC:
motherboard (Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6)
processor (Intel Core 2 Duo E4500)
memory (Corsair XMS2 DHX PC2-6400 4GB kit)
hard drive (SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB cache 500 GB)
power supply (Corsair HX520 - 520 Watts)
graphics card (Asus Radeon HD2400 series)

I will buy one more Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive and one more Corsair XMS2 DHX 4GB memory kit when the prices go down a little bit. A little better graphics card will also follow, probably two mid-range Radeon cards in Cross Fire.

As I mentioned, I used Windows XP on the previous configuration, and it was a cracked version with SP2. So, yes, I also am used to cracked and pirated software. Thou I think differently today, I think there are better alternatives when it comes to Windows, you could use a Linux distribution instead or BSD. But only if you are not a gamer, since Linux is not good or not useful at all for games. The really big problem with MS Windows is that it is expensive and MS has the monopoly on this market when it comes to commercial operating systems. Windows is actually the only commercial operating system for PC, since Linux etc. is not commercial. The Mac OS X is the only second commercial operating system I know of for desktop computers. Introducing different versions like XP Home, and XP Pro is just lame and stingy, and it's just a marketing trick to get users to buy the "better" and expensive one. There should be one very cheap version, or several versions that are almost equally as cheap.

I hope that Apple will some time in the near future make their OS X PC compatible. Todays' Macs are running on Intel processors and it is possible to run Windows on the Mac, completely legally with no tricks. But you can not replace the OS X, so you have to run Windows and OS X at the same time. But on the other hand you can't install OS X on a PC at all, eather as replacement for Windows or run it aside Windows. At least not if you don't cheat. In some near future I am hoping to see a fully compatible version OS X for PC so that Microsoft gets some competition by ether Apple or some other, new company of same profile as Microsoft. I don't get it why there are no other than Microsoft. Like if no one else knows how to develope an operating system. The best thing would be if there was a standard and technical platform which would dictate for the developers how to make software multi-platform compatible so that you wouldn't need to differentiate between PC vs. Mac, and Windows vs. Linux etc.

I have already replaced so many parts on this machine that I can't even call it a Toshiba anymore. After this big upgrade it's really not Toshiba, it's my own creation. For the operating system I have chosen Windows Vista, and I actually bought the full retail version of Home Premium with one license. I got a good offer for it right before Crhsitmas and I wanted to start off with the real thing on the new machine. I don't want to mess with cracks and shit, I'm a bit tired of that by now. I don't have the time to do that anymore, and that goes for all sort of software, not just Windows. I want to spend my time on something more important to me. It's like they say about Linux, "Linux is only free if your time is useless". That's why I didn't chose a Linux distribution instead, because I don't have time to learn it.

Since I am not a gamer (well, not anymore) I don't really need Windows. But I am already using so many good programs on Windows that I am not ready to let go of and look for an alternative for them. So having to learn Linux wouldn't be the only new thing to learn, I would also have to learn to use many new programs. But in some near future I am willing to give Linux a try, I have already been running Red Hat for some period of time so it's not something totally new for me. And as I am a quick learner and know a lot about computers it wouldn't take me much time.

The only disadvantage of not buying a manufacurer-PC is that you don't get the technical support and the warranty. But you get warranty on the individual components instead if you custom build your own PC, and in some cases you also get technical support for them individually. But it is better if you can just call one number and the technician you talk to knows everything of all the components in your machine and how to troubleshoot common problems. And when you buy a full version or upgrade of Windows you get 90 days free support. But I personally don't really need any technical support since I can handle most problems on my own.

I used to be a big gamer back in the old days. But I have grown away from it and new interests took over, like music, sports, and of course computers. And since I am not a gamer anymore and don't play games at all, neather console or PC, I don't have to upgrade my graphics card (or cards) every month, fortunatly. The gamers, PC gamers in particular are probably the greatest soruce of income for the ever evolving computer industry. They are the victims of the industry. In the future, one would have to "subscribe" on computer hardware in order to keep up to date with the latest news. That's really crazy.

Old computers can be just as good as the new ones, and as I said, how well a computer performs depends largly on the efficiecy of the programming of the software you use, rather than on the hardware itself. While I was still running on my old original Toshiba hardware configuration with Pentium 3 I needed a good software based protection against Internet threats. And just because I was using a Pentium 3 shouldn't prevent me from having a good software protection. So I started to search for different anti-virus software manufacurers, and I was looking for software that would run smoothly even on my Pentium 3. It had to use as little hardware resources as possible and yet give effective protection. So it had to have a simple graphical user interface without any heavy graphics and so on. I tested solutions from following companies:

BitDefender (Romania)
Bullguard (UK)
CA (USA)
Avira (Germany)
Alwin Software (Czech Republic)
Authentium (USA)
ESET (Slovakia)
F-Secure (Finland)
Kaspersky (Russian Federation)
Norman (Norway)
Panda (Spain)
Symantec Corp. (USA)
Trend Micro (Japan)

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
http://www.av-test.org/

I had a lot of use of these two websites when I was choosing which software to test. These are independent anti-virus software test laboratories and they test many of the software on the market and rate them.

Authentium software is basically CA and Kaspersky software, because they use their technologies. So I didn't even try this one. What I was looking for was a complete protection, usually called "internet security suite". From beginning I was using Norman Internet Control and it was a fully legal version because I payd the license fee every month through my Internet Service Provider (ISP) since my ISP had made a contract with Norman. Then I got tired of it because it was simply put useless software with an really ugly interface. I criticised my ISP for being one of the greatest broadband provider while still using this useless and outdated looking software. I suggested they should switch to F-Secure, and so they did some months after that. So it seemed like if they really listened to me. I doubt that anyone else suggested F-Secure but me, or even took the time to complain. So I subscribed for the F-Secure license and started using F-Secure Internet Security instead of the ugly Norman Internet Control. My ISP named this F-Secure software like "security pack basic" and "security pack plus" and F-Secure had made a custom suited interface with my ISP providers name on it which was kind of cool. This was really a nice peace of software, but eventually it became too heavy for my old P3 to handle, specially because of the heavy graphics. So I went on trying out other softwares instead.

Kaspersky Internet Security 4.0 or 5.0 I think had everything I was looking for. It was fast, not graphically too heavy and didn't need too many resources from my P3 to run smoothly, and still the user interface was very nicely organized and user friendly. And when I saw on their website that they had a special offer where you could trade in your current license from other competing anti-virus company I couldn't say no. So I traded in my F-Secure IS license for a Kaspersky IS license.

Other good software I have tested before I settled with Kaspersky include Trend Micro PC-cillin or something like that, then Bulldog and BitDefender. I had tested Panda many years before that and it was a nice and smoothly running software, but when I tested it this time it had gone bad since that and was requiring too many resources and the graphical interface had become a bit too heavy for my P3 computer. But otherwise it's a nice software. And even before that I had been running different Symantec software for protection, cracked and pirated, of coruse! Why would I pay for something like Symantec software? It's just crap! Now, this time I tested their new 360 package and it took the price as the most resource hungy and graphically heaviest anti-virus software of them all. I had to wait at least 4 seconds just to switch between different window views, like from firewall view to anti-spam view in the main interface window. And it's really a mess to clean after these Symantec software. The McAfee IS was somewhat similar to 360 but it was less resource hungy and was easy to uninstall. The ESET NOD32 is a very nice software, but it reminds me a lot of the Norman Internet Control and I didn't like it so much. And the interface was... well not so impressive, but still not graphically heavy. The other softwares I tested were nothing special so I won't mention them, but I'm sure there are good softwares among them as well.

But Kaspersky Internet Security beat them all in all time, both back in the P3 days and also today when I have a Core2Duo processor under the hood. So! Kaspersky Software clearly shows that a good and efficient programming can be worth every minute and every dollar. It is now actually time for me to re-new my Kaspersky IS license and I am sure I will go for a 2 year license this time. The new version (7.0 or year 2009) of Kaspersky IS is also looking very clean and is still running smoothly and perfectly.

So the lesson is, when you think you have to scrap your old computer and buy new one, think again! Try out some other software or even different operating system instead and you should be able to use it smoothly for at least next two years or even more.

Have you read all I wrote now?... impressive! I hope you enjoyed the reading.

Best wishes,
Samir

shashi

February 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Thanks for the comments here. Now i believe that Kaspersky is the best antivirus in the world and use it.

Anonymous

June 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Who writes the viruses?
Why does Kaspersky know so much about a threat?

Obamwonyi Jerrywhyte

August 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

i quite i agree with you but when it comes to malicious viruses and malware detection and sensitivity i would personally recommend the almighty AVAST. aavst has a flexible user interface and much high degree of virus sensitivity and malware protection; once again thanks for you unanimous magnanimity. just give AVAST a try you will be amazed

jerrywhyte Obamwonyi
http://freebrowsingcodes.blogspot.com